Once upon a time, a young woman from the UK fell in love with a young man from Bangladesh. Eventually they moved to Bangladesh and had a baby. As the new mother cuddled her tiny boy, she couldn’t help but notice all of the young women streaming into the garment factories every morning. She was deeply saddened when she discovered that many of these woman had babies back home in their villages, left for months at a time with grandparents while the mom worked in the city. Lack of rural employment for women was separating families and putting the mothers in harmful situations and the babies without their mothers. So this new mom did what she could. She gathered a few women around her and taught them how to knit and crochet little dollies that could be sold in the Western markets. Samantha Morshed dreamed that this would grow and become an alternative source of income for women throughout Bangladesh. 15 years later, her dream is becoming a reality. More than 13,000 women are now employed making Pebble toys in their home village. They walk to work, taking their babies with them. There they sit together, yarn spilling onto their laps as they knit community and love together in each heirloom Pebble toy. Pebble was born out of a love for babies and their mothers.
Pebble : Putting Smiles on Faces Worldwide!
4 GREAT REASONS TO BUY FROM US:
- Over 37,000 happy customers worldwide
- Real people on our support team ready to help
- The finest materials and stunning design — all our products are developed with an obsessive dedication to quality, durability, and functionality
- We use the most secure online ordering systems on the market, and are constantly improving our software to make sure we offer the highest possible security
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
Our mission is to make your shopping experience as safe and enjoyable as possible. Have questions? Feel free to contact our award-winning customer care team for advice on everything from product specifications to order tracking.
- Money back guarantee: Something not quite right? If you’re not totally satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 15 days for a full refund
- Risk-Free Purchase: We utilize industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of all the sensitive information, so you can be sure your details are completely safe with us
- Trustworthy payment method: We partner with the most popular online payment solutions that guarantee enhanced security and fast transaction processing
We received this as a shower gift, neatly tied to the outside of a wrapped gift. Thinking it was cute but not much of it otherwise, it sat on the nursery nightstand until I grabbed it during a particularly wild diaper change, and it’s now easily one of my son’s favorite toys. The rattle is soft and gentle, but satisfyingly audible, and the toy is easy to grab, chew, smush, shake. I love that it’s soft and so lightweight, it doesn’t hurt when he bonks himself with it and it tends not to get hurled as much as heavier plastic toys. He switches between chewing on tip and greens, so it keeps him entertained for extended periods. I’m considering getting another one so we can wash the one we have more frequently! Luckily it’s well-made so has held up great with machine washing so far. This thing is gold!
I bought this as a part of a Bugs Bunny Halloween costume, but it soon became my little girl's favorite rattle (she is 3 1/2 months). The tip is really easy to grab, and when she swings it around she can wack herself in the face without it hurting her. Great purchase!
Light weight, easy for baby to hold. :) Pebble could improve these by using a tighter weave but we haven’t had a problem. Nice little rattles!
It was nice and cute
I know it's supposed to be a rattle but my baby loves it as a teething toy. She can't put it down! I highly recommend it!
While I love the other Pebble baby toys I have, this one disappointed me a bit. The polyester fill is coming through the knit material after only a few uses. We had to take away from my baby so she wouldn’t consume the filling.
My son loves this rattle and will pick it from an assortment of toys. He chews on it contentedly for a long time.
Soft and cute! As described.